Saturday, 30 March 2013

Apam Polkadots Vs Apam Colour Ball


Assalamualaikum and Salam Sejahtera...

Ahhhhhh saya di sini di sini! Maaf sebab life is crazy right now. Baru finish memasak kuih di dapur... 
Capet deh....huhuhuhu..
Rajin jgak zira nie p dapur..kan3...hehehehe... 
Hello....
Im still anak dara...So,,kenalah belajar memasak dari awal...kan kalau xpndai memasak makanan y simple2,, wat malu diri depan mak mertua jew..
Cewah..hehehe....Nak kahwin kew....
Im still young,,okay...
Study first,,then married???
Let me thinks it first...

First of all,, kowag pernah dengar xApam Colour Ball???hehehhe...Nie apam rekaan semata-mata...First nak wat Apam Polkadots... Tapi,,hehehe..Zira mlz nak wat dots dye ar..So,, my mom suggest to just letak Colour ball at the upper of the apam..Interesting..Am I right???



The people of my family in charge to make this apam...hehehe

Me,,my sis and my mom...
We're helping each other to make this apam for our family...
^_^

Sharing the recipe...
But...
The recipe is still same with my older Apam Polka Dots recipe..
Just,,I does not do the dots but i put some colour ball on it...
Still remember??
If not,,
You surf on this link to know how my apam polka dots looks like...hehehehe
or click on this picture...
It terms of looks,,  not too cute because why the Polka Dots of the apam is too big like a giant...hahaha.. 

This is my Apam Colour Ball...
Xlah cantik sgat kan..hehehe...
First made,,okay...


Sharing the recipe:

3 cups All Purpose Flour.

2 cups Castor Sugar.
1 1/2 cups - Low Fat Milk (Ideal Milk or I used Dutch Lady's low fat milk)
3 teaspoons of baking powder.
1 teaspoon of ovalette.
Few drops of vanilla essence.
3 Eggs - Chilled


Filling:
 Of your choice - strawberry, nutella or it can just be plain apam but I used blackcurrant with rasberry flavour...


Colouring: 
Of your choice... 

Method:


1) Mix flour, sugar, eggs, baking powder, ovalette, milk and vanila essence in a bowl using a mixer, at maximum speed, until fluffy (Trust me, it will fluff alright..!)


2) Divide the batter into few portions (number of portions depend on the number of colours you have). In my case, two colours are fine . Add in a few drops of colour in the batter


3) Using a piping bag, pipe the batter into paper cups/mould until half full. Or, if you don't have piping bag, you can use normal clean drinking plastic bags nipped at one corner.

4) Fill the cups half way and put the filling in the center and top-up the cups with batter until 2/3 full. But if things got too messy, just spoon the batter into the paper cups/mould.

5) Then put the colour ball.

6) Finally, steam for 10-15 minutes.


Finally,,

To my beloved mom....here's product of the end of this recipe...


It terms of looks,,  not too cute...But in the terms of taste...."Mom,, I love you so much.. It taste,, not bad but I can say,, it so sedap... Yummy gitu...!!" 
By : Nur Azira Jusoh

No comments:

Post a Comment